WE/PES 2016 - Page 3 - GameAxis Forums
Go Back   GameAxis Forums > PlayStation Connections > PlayStation Console Arena
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 15-08-2015, 01:08 AM   #31
greyfoxmgs

Re: WE/PES 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxrally View Post
so greyfox wats yr feedbk on the demo of pes16 ? u always very fast will give review one. haha
I have not really got the chance to play the game in depth but from initial few games here are what I feel

Pros:

Response is good
Aerial battle and collision is nice as well
Weather condition is interesting
Physicality in game is crucial now so better physical players can out muscle speedy players. Not like 2015 that stats is totally useless.

Cons
Player AI (players not control by you) still stone sometimes
Standing tackle recovery is bad while sliding tackle recovery is faster lol
Referee needs work too little fouls and bad judgement

I'll review again lol when I have time to play more
greyfoxmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #32
jxrally

Think Konami is saving their best for this yr pes, as this yr is pes 20th anniversary. Or maybe they earn a lot from my club last year and invest heavily in this year series . Haha. But really can tell the difference this year as compare to the previous few series, the collision system,graphics and celebration looks solid. Let's hope the commentor system is gd this yr.
jxrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #33
greyfoxmgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxrally View Post
Think Konami is saving their best for this yr pes, as this yr is pes 20th anniversary. Or maybe they earn a lot from my club last year and invest heavily in this year series . Haha. But really can tell the difference this year as compare to the previous few series, the collision system,graphics and celebration looks solid. Let's hope the commentor system is gd this yr.
I don't know how well Peter Dury will do but I am hoping we will still get Jap commentary on top of that.

They did earn quite a bit from myclub that's what I heard so I guess that's the reason why konami is still going for this game ha...

Gameplay is a much more fluid and responsive compared to last year as last year players still moves a little like tanks but due to response time better the game is faster in pace which is fun but a little unrealistic. Well u can't have both worlds I guess. My concern now is online how well will it plays as 2015 is a slower game and it lags a bit online with 2016 being so responsive it would be a problem if it lags
Old 18-08-2015, 06:43 PM   #34
greyfoxmgs

The full title is PESWE2016 for Asian region.

This is the anniversary ed with all the perks for myclub

Normal edition will less myclub stuff. Just take note that both title words are there u can't be wrong lol
Old 18-08-2015, 07:20 PM   #35
bravia26s
Supremacy Member

I hope they have all the license for the champions league teams

last year one was disappointing
bravia26s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #36
greyfoxmgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia26s View Post
I hope they have all the license for the champions league teams

last year one was disappointing
Have or no have its not up to them anyway this year license doesn't really matter in a way, of course would be great to have it . PS4 ver can finally edit everything from logos to kits. Only downside is not enough stadium or stadium creator as EA bought all the license they can buy exclusive

So next year EA can't make EURO 2016 where konami have exclusive license or maybe not cos EA can pay for anything but as of now it's exclusive to konami. I wonder why EA didn't outbid konami on Chamipons League
Old 18-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #37
bravia26s
Supremacy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfoxmgs View Post
Have or no have its not up to them anyway this year license doesn't really matter in a way, of course would be great to have it . PS4 ver can finally edit everything from logos to kits. Only downside is not enough stadium or stadium creator as EA bought all the license they can buy exclusive

So next year EA can't make EURO 2016 where konami have exclusive license or maybe not cos EA can pay for anything but as of now it's exclusive to konami. I wonder why EA didn't outbid konami on Chamipons League
I hate seeing london blues vs manchester united in a uefa championship match up
It dont make sense even its a uefa championship match ..if you know what i mean
Old 19-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #38
greyfoxmgs

Well here is what I think of the demo

After many games I find these significant changes

- Respond time is very good, dribble, tricks and etc
- Animation fluidity
- Shooting have variations, mainly ball physics is pretty good
- Collision is pretty on point at some areas
- Defence mechanism slightly better, meaning ground battles, shoulder to shoulder
- Aerial battle is good (after like what 10 years lol)
- Gk reaction is amazing at certain condition
- team mate AI is very stats base so if they are good they edge out
- Graphics looks good during rainy condition, during day it look like 2015 except texture upres
- Weather condition is pretty awesome and it changes the way u play, can't wait for dynamic weather in game

Overall there are some areas that show good improvements from 2015 in terms of gameplay and its really a title worth your time. This edition really brings back how the game plays like with improvement from a PS2 ver.

NOW COMES THE BUT......

- Player A.I. your teammates still stones from time to time, bad reaction in certain situation

- Passing is not contextual, at lvl1 default passing, it feels like old settings between 2-3 bars and its very homing. i foresee some online thru ball issues coming. Its too accurate I feel aat lvl 1 and its player position base not strength/charge bar base. So sometimes u will have wonky passes especially when u are at sticky situation.

- As my previous point since the pass is player position base I notice sometimes your player just stand there, wait for ball and don't respond to your pass, even u try to move to get the ball its not moving or take off really slowly and allowing other to intercept. Also sometimes your player will slow down to take a thru ball and it seems like the old PES code is creeping back into the game. The only way I find a work around is to use super cancel which to normal user is hard to execute so thats not good

- Player off the ball reaction is pretty much hit or miss situation but most of the time they just don't respond, example when the ball go pass them

- Collision still need refining especially shoulder to shoulder. The old code is very evident and u can see clearly players stick to each other too much and u can't seem to pull away sometime.

- Shadow side of the stadium is still too dark like 2015 or basically the lighting should improve so u can see better. Bloody hell, playing at the shadow side I can really see the ball

- Menus and in game presentation still look very stale and dated new something new it gets boring real quick

- New celebration thingy should have players running around random and not like a train all the time or always monkey see monkey do

verdict so far for the demo its a real good football game in terms of gameplay. If u like old school feel of WE and a touch of some new stuff u will love this edition. Well the demo is out there so u guys try and see if u like it.

Last edited by greyfoxmgs : 19-08-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 20-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #39
bravia26s
Supremacy Member

so when its out here? I want to buy
Old 20-08-2015, 06:38 PM   #40
bravia26s
Supremacy Member

how come the players can goes through the net?
Old 21-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #41
PierceLee
Supremacy Member

Japanese demo, in case anyone wants to try and see if there is any difference (I suppose demo shouldn't have Japan teams?) ...

ウイニングイレブン2016 無料体験版
PS4 PS3

(of cos, you'll need Japan PSN account to download)
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #42
greyfoxmgs

Theres this debate now regards to the game speed of the game. Many like -1 speed. i played around and but in the end I still prefer speed at 0, default, as that is still the most responsive. At -1 the game turns into 2015 ver and its players starts to move like tanks.

I also had a go at the pass assist level and at lvl 1 the passes are just to targeted and fast. While setting it to OFF thats where the real enjoyment comes in. Although the game says at off is no assist but I feel there are still some assist probably from the player stats. Personally i don't want manual as it will defeat the purpose of having player stats as where u point is where the pass lands regardless which player u use. Interesting enough, when u set pass assist off, The CPU starts to make mistakes and play a slower game. Which seems more realistic. I hope Konami can figure out a way to do mini assist and apply that to CPU, a in between off and lvl 1

Another thing I find that really need to change is the CPU not doing any crosses that is really stupid just like 2015 flank attk and low pass into box. Its like they are play all the bugs in the game lol. there should be contact fouls as well which is not seen in game much. the referee needs to step up.

lastly the final game really needs injury damn it we are in next gen and still no injury to players WTF

Last edited by greyfoxmgs : 21-08-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 21-08-2015, 05:51 PM   #43
tuta

I'm hyped!!
2015 was good and as usual PES/WE master league is where I spent most of my hours.
Hopefully the edit option file sharing is more straight forward and not region specific, as during the ps3 days copying 100 plus files takes forever and not forgetting the REGION LOCKING ISSUE.
By no means do I think getting a diff region matters its a bout getting the correct region with the most supported option file that is problematic. If I recall correctly r3 asia WE 2014/2015 had little to no option file edits even if there were any they were scarce/ un-updated option files I ended up selling the copy and getting a more expensive R2 PES 2014/2015 for PS3.
CROSSING FINGERS HERE!!

My impression of the DEMO is good and at times seeing players fumble on to each other seems odd and realistically humorous at times.
I do notice that players seems to take a little longer to get up after being tackled and if I didn't see wrongly I could have sworn it seems like they were swearing at the ref.
Anyways getting tackled and feeling pain does add to the realism I guess.
Seeing totti make his iphone selfie celebration is great too

It might also seemed like just a perception but grass pitch length seemed to effect game play(ball play) too so that is cool.

Finally hopefully this years iteration doesn't suffer from the usual PES/WE DEMO gameplay syndrome.
Old 22-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #44
greyfoxmgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuta View Post
I'm hyped!!
2015 was good and as usual PES/WE master league is where I spent most of my hours.
Hopefully the edit option file sharing is more straight forward and not region specific, as during the ps3 days copying 100 plus files takes forever and not forgetting the REGION LOCKING ISSUE.
By no means do I think getting a diff region matters its a bout getting the correct region with the most supported option file that is problematic. If I recall correctly r3 asia WE 2014/2015 had little to no option file edits even if there were any they were scarce/ un-updated option files I ended up selling the copy and getting a more expensive R2 PES 2014/2015 for PS3.
CROSSING FINGERS HERE!!

My impression of the DEMO is good and at times seeing players fumble on to each other seems odd and realistically humorous at times.
I do notice that players seems to take a little longer to get up after being tackled and if I didn't see wrongly I could have sworn it seems like they were swearing at the ref.
Anyways getting tackled and feeling pain does add to the realism I guess.
Seeing totti make his iphone selfie celebration is great too

It might also seemed like just a perception but grass pitch length seemed to effect game play(ball play) too so that is cool.

Finally hopefully this years iteration doesn't suffer from the usual PES/WE DEMO gameplay syndrome.
Length of grass are already available in 2015 ver and it affects the play. The new weather condition further enhance that. This year the dynamic weather will play an important part in ML as your match can start off overcast and rain in 2nd half which is pretty cool when it works lol

Now the gameplay is kinda sorted and needs some tweaking. The next time to really see what konami brings to the table regarding modes. As of current, the modes are boring, getting really stale plus presentation is really crap comparing to FIFA. The creative art department really fails at that aspect.

Online is an unknown as how well is the game gonna play... 2015 is already pretty bad at reponsiveness while online the whole game is further reduce due to lag. So 2016 must really have a beef up online code
so the game don't suffer response time/input lag.

With regards to option files, since u are on PS3, you still have to import the 100 plus files on PS3 lots of editors converted their files to Asian region so probably u are not looking at the right place as for PS4 there are still no news on how the option file can be shared, rumors said it will be like PS3 so if it's the same, copying few hundreds files again lol I hope PS4 would be more of a in game sharing rather than copying files because if not done right it starts to screw up everything as not all players are tech savvy in this field plus the good thing of in game sharing is there could a chance it's a online community mode where there are no region lock.

Last edited by greyfoxmgs : 22-08-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 23-08-2015, 03:01 AM   #45
tuta

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfoxmgs View Post
Length of grass are already available in 2015 ver and it affects the play. The new weather condition further enhance that. This year the dynamic weather will play an important part in ML as your match can start off overcast and rain in 2nd half which is pretty cool when it works lol

Now the gameplay is kinda sorted and needs some tweaking. The next time to really see what konami brings to the table regarding modes. As of current, the modes are boring, getting really stale plus presentation is really crap comparing to FIFA. The creative art department really fails at that aspect.

Online is an unknown as how well is the game gonna play... 2015 is already pretty bad at reponsiveness while online the whole game is further reduce due to lag. So 2016 must really have a beef up online code
so the game don't suffer response time/input lag.

With regards to option files, since u are on PS3, you still have to import the 100 plus files on PS3 lots of editors converted their files to Asian region so probably u are not looking at the right place as for PS4 there are still no news on how the option file can be shared, rumors said it will be like PS3 so if it's the same, copying few hundreds files again lol I hope PS4 would be more of a in game sharing rather than copying files because if not done right it starts to screw up everything as not all players are tech savvy in this field plus the good thing of in game sharing is there could a chance it's a online community mode where there are no region lock.
I'm on ps4 now so it doesn't matter, and it's more like I bought it day one played for a mth or two back then with little to no updated option files at that point so I didn't want to wait any further and I can't rmb if it was 2014 or 2015 that I played with OF edits on ps3 but it was a hellish tedious process for getting proper kits and all.
Anyways asian OF are always lagging behind so why bother waiting and searching.
So it'll be a bummer if its region tied on the PS4 and I really do hope its as you said we could download the kits made by other gamers.
Theres a high chance PES2016 for PS3 OF are gonna be region tied with a gazillion files to copy for community made kits.

PES has always lagged behind in presentation, Be a Legend/pro mode was always crappy and its more of a halfed assed effort to keep up with EA and now they made another clone mode with ****ty interface and piss poor netcode.
I'd rather they polished up Master League with proper polished updates, more realism, better managerial options and so on.