Go Back   GameAxis Forums > PlayStation Connections > PlayStation Console Arena
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #31
jedi5diah
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re: Official Blu-ray & movies chit-chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by richemon25 View Post
SAW 1-6....u can see in full hd all the blood and gore!!!!!!!!!!!!
wait my tv really bleed ar lol...

PS4Share Channel : GamesAbundant
jedi5diah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #32
_dXter
Arch-Supremacy Member

Today I went to audio iconic in adelphi to collect my upgraded oppo, and avatar was showing on their steward screen. WTF, the PQ is gorgeous! No horse run!
_dXter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #33
The_Knight_Huma

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dXter View Post
Today I went to audio iconic in adelphi to collect my upgraded oppo, and avatar was showing on their steward screen. WTF, the PQ is gorgeous! No horse run!
Oppo!!!! I love oppo, if I were to ever get another blu ray player it'll definitely be an oppo. Having used one and loved it to bits gonna stick with brand loyalty.

Anyways for horror movies I highly highly recommend the strangers and the descent. Excellent titles to show case for surround sound terror.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 PM   #34
kimotherapy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dXter View Post
rich man spotted!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #35
Trinity54

avatar is really nice ! especially watching it at our own comfort at home at 1080p !

i lazy to wait to order anywhere , so end up got it at local retail and paid a more expensive price tag for it
Trinity54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #36
PierceLee
Supremacy Member

I just watched avatar bd tonight. PQ is awesome.
Still don't like the movie though.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #37
Agent Wax
Master Member

I watched Iron Man last night. Looks great, but not really worth getting it on BD. A high-quality DVD in an upscaling player would suffice. Fortunately I only paid around S$25 for it.
2013 To-Buy List: Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, Genkai Totsuki Monster Monpiece, Bioshock: Infinite, Muramasa: Rebirth, Gears of War: Judgement, 7th Dragon 2020 II, Dragon's Crown, Fate/Extra CCC, Resident Evil: Revelations, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, Sniper Elite V2: Silver Star Edition, Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, The Last of Us, DOA5 Ultimate, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, Beyond:2 Souls, XCOM: Enemy Within, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Agent Wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #38
Neraka

Is there any good brick and mortar shops to frequent for blu ray purchases? I'm looking for Evangelion 1.11 in particular but would rather not resort to buying/shipping from elsewhere. Makes it easier to get 2.22 when the time comes as well.
Neraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #39
Agent Wax
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neraka View Post
Is there any good brick and mortar shops to frequent for blu ray purchases? I'm looking for Evangelion 1.11 in particular but would rather not resort to buying/shipping from elsewhere. Makes it easier to get 2.22 when the time comes as well.
If you are willing to pay more, go ahead and buy from local shops. Best selections are at Gramophone and Laser Flair. Only the US release of 1.11 is available here, IIRC. As for 2.22, wait another 2 years or so if you want the US version.
2013 To-Buy List: Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, Genkai Totsuki Monster Monpiece, Bioshock: Infinite, Muramasa: Rebirth, Gears of War: Judgement, 7th Dragon 2020 II, Dragon's Crown, Fate/Extra CCC, Resident Evil: Revelations, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, Sniper Elite V2: Silver Star Edition, Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, The Last of Us, DOA5 Ultimate, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, Beyond:2 Souls, XCOM: Enemy Within, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Old 08-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #40
darkvalkyries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Wax View Post
If you are willing to pay more, go ahead and buy from local shops. Best selections are at Gramophone and Laser Flair. Only the US release of 1.11 is available here, IIRC. As for 2.22, wait another 2 years or so if you want the US version.
US edition comes with Japanese vocal? English Sub is enough for me lol
Old 08-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #41
Neraka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Wax View Post
So there are two versions ie the Japanese and the US versions? What's the main differences? Wiki didn't have much info about the version releases at all.
Neraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #42
ghaleonn

btw, u guys play the Blu-ray movie on ur PS3? or on another Blu-ray player??

Anyway, When I first bought my local set PS3, I always thought that BD are not region locked. I realised I was wrong when I saw region code on the Avatar BD recently. On top of that, I read from Thursday "My Paper" about some consumers in the US were unable to play "The Avatar" on their BD player.

It really makes me wonder which is better. but another BD player or just use my PS3 for it...
Old 08-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #43
Xyber

Sony's releasing This Is It on Blu Ray in 3D. Moonwalker to be released on Blu Ray too.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #44
Agent Wax
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvalkyries View Post
US edition comes with Japanese vocal? English Sub is enough for me lol
Quote:
So there are two versions ie the Japanese and the US versions? What's the main differences? Wiki didn't have much info about the version releases at all.
US BD has dual audio and english subtitles. Japanese BD only has Japanese audio and no subtitles. Japanese version also does not come in standard BD box. It has its own special case (which looks good, actually). Extras are the same. UK BD coming later this year but it should be identical to US one (released by same company). The US version is US$19 on Amazon right now.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #45
Jackygogogo
Arch-Supremacy Member

bd titles owned
avatar (alot of missing content) bloody wants to milk more $ with a purely movie release.
underworld trilogy(contain tonnes of contents)