PlayStation®4: The Ultimate FAQ for SINGAPORE - Page 36 - GameAxis Forums
Go Back   GameAxis Forums > PlayStation Connections > PlayStation Console Arena
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 19-03-2016, 08:52 AM   #526
PierceLee
Supremacy Member

Re: PlayStation®4: The Ultimate FAQ for SINGAPORE

Sony Is Working On A ‘PlayStation 4.5

Sony is currently planning a new version of the PS4 with increased graphical power and games running at 4K resolution, developer sources tell Kotaku.

We don’t know whether current PS4 owners will be able to upgrade or if they’ll have to buy an entirely new device to benefit from this power boost, but from what we hear, Sony has started briefing developers.

Based on conversations with developers who have spoken with Sony, this ‘PS4.5’ will include an upgraded GPU both to support high-end 4K resolution for games and add more processing power that can enhance the games supported by PlayStation VR, the headset Sony will launch this fall. It’s unclear if ‘PS4.5’ is an official name or just a nickname that developers have been using. One developer jokingly called it the ‘PS4K’ while telling me about the device.

In layman’s terms, 4K resolution is around four times the pixel size of 1080p, which is the current standard for games on PlayStation 4 and competing consoles. The current PS4 can output 4K photos and videos, but cannot support 4K resolutions for games. With this upgrade, it would. Besides resolution, developers would have an opportunity to push more effects and other graphical tweaks to make their games look better, thanks to the new GPU.

A more powerful PS4 would also allow the machine to be more competitive with PCs in the world of virtual reality. With a higher-end GPU, the PS4 could more easily match up against the more expensive Oculus Rift and HTC Vive virtual reality headsets, which are designed to work with powerful PCs.

http://kotaku.com/sources-sony-is-wo...4-5-1765723053
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:51 AM   #527
PierceLee
Supremacy Member

More leaked info on the PS4K posted on NeoGAF:
Related info from a meeting we had yesterday was waiting for it to be approved before posting.

Price is currently $399.99 they were discussing a better CPU which would raise the price to $499.99 we were guaranteed the price will be no higher than $499.99 (He mentioned the CPU upgrade quite a bit almost as if they haven't really decided on a final spec could be a pricing issue.) also there is currently no plan for any type of trade in program for current PS4 users but that could change.

They stated that the GPU is twice as powerful as standard PS4 and much faster. They did not say exactly how fast but that is was running at a higher clock speed while being much smaller than the original.

It will have a 4k blu ray player and will upscale games that are not natively 4k.

Also there was talk of some sort of VR lounge for the media player app which is supposed to be getting a substantial upgrade.

It was stated plainly and with no room for interpretation that there are developers that already have development kits for the PS4K and that they are making games that will directly target and take advantage of the higher specs of the PS4K. It was also stated that these games will in fact work for the PS4 but with considerable sacrifices made to performance.

It was also made very clear that current games would not be getting any type of performance upgrades by being played on the system and any benefits to older games would come via patch per game and per developer. When asked if this was going to happen the response was "Its a possibility but doubtful with the exception of a handful of games."

We were also given a list of games that will be available at launch that will directly take advantage of the PS4K where the differences are and I will quote him "Significant."

For the PSVR

Eve Valkyrie
Robinson
GT Sport

For the PS4K

Deep Down (Thought this was dead)
GOW4 (This was the exact abbreviation on the sheet I can only assume its god of war 4)

There were more games on the list but these are the ones that stood out to me.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #528
DrBaldwin

https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.ne.../en/index.html

The installer for PS4 remote play on PC.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #529
PierceLee
Supremacy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaldwin View Post
https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.ne.../en/index.html

The installer for PS4 remote play on PC.
I haven't checked that out yet but did they add official driver support to use PS4/PS3 controller on Windows wirelessly? From what I know, the controllers are supported natively in wired mode but to use them wirelessly (bluetooth) you will need a couple of third party tools/drivers, some of which don't work very well.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:49 PM   #530
salla6ue

The website wrote "Connect a controller to your computer with a USB cable", so I guess wireless controller support is not ready. I'm curious if my razer USB controller will work???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceLee View Post
I haven't checked that out yet but did they add official driver support to use PS4/PS3 controller on Windows wirelessly? From what I know, the controllers are supported natively in wired mode but to use them wirelessly (bluetooth) you will need a couple of third party tools/drivers, some of which don't work very well.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:49 PM   #531
DrBaldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceLee View Post
Only mentioned that the Dualshock 4 has to be connected via usb to the computer. No mention about wireless nor Dualshock 3 support.

I have not tried Twisted's unofficial app. Apparently he has a free version of his unofficial app but the extra features are obviously locked for premium (i.e. paying) users. I like that the unofficial one did not restrict support to Win 8 and above only.

FROM his Forum: https://tmacdev.com/forum/topic/940-...pc-going-free/
Remote Play PC is now free* to download and use.
However, some features are locked down to paying (Premium) users, at this time this includes the following (subject to change)

- Access to latest updates (Free will always be at least one version behind)
- PS4 wifi password
- Input System - The input system will be locked down for free users and only dualshock 4 will be mapped. Mapping to devices other than Dualshock 4 (such as keyboard & mouse or xbox controllers) will be limited to paying users.
- Forum access to support and controller settings

Existing customers don't need to make any changes, new versions will be activated the same as before which will unlock the features listed above.

Please note that there are 2 different versions available for Download so make sure you download the premium install if you are a paying user.

https://tmacdev.com/forum/files/

Remote Play PC

Remote Play PC is a Windows application currently in Alpha stage that allows you to stream and control PS4 games on your PC. It's features include:

Stream at full 720P 60FPS scaled to your native desktop resolution
Dynamic controls - bind any controller or keyboard/mouse to Dualshock 4 controls! (Mice are WIP, they are bindable but response is limited)
Connect directly to your PS4's WiFi! This has previously only be possible on the PS Vita.
Wakeup PS4 over LAN/WAN (Requires forwarded ports)
Direct IP connect from anywhere!
Lower latency compared to Android & PS Vita (may vary depending on PC specs)
Recommended Minimum Requirements

Windows PC running Vista or newer
Dual core 2Ghz CPU
DirectX 9 and OpenGL compatible graphics card
Internet connection required for activation

Last edited by DrBaldwin : 06-04-2016 at 05:53 PM.
DrBaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:43 AM   #532
galliano

Works for Mac also.

In fact, kinda surprised it works well with no lag on my 5yr old Mac Book Air. Pretty amazing to be playing COD on that hardware. hahahaha

Guess the playability boils down to the streaming speeds, which basically dependant on the wireless network.
Old 20-04-2016, 09:14 AM   #533
PierceLee
Supremacy Member

A lot more details leaked PS4K (aka PS4.5):
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/so...-ne/1100-5437/

It's referred to as "NEO" internally. It will support "base mode" (standard PS4) and "NEO mode".