Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #16
PierceLee
Supremacy Member

Re: Ps3 or xbox360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldelia View Post
Buy Nintendo wii..... got Mario and Pokemon...the best console ever....
i see your wii and up wii u
Old 01-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
Zeonic_Kain

My point is this. You have already paid for a console. And a game, full price game, And if the game has good multiplayer game in it. And you will need to pay money every month to play it online, it really a no brainer. Get a ps3. The online community is huge. Reason being the psn is free. So kick the xbot and go for ps3. It FTW.

PSN Nick: Solid-Kain
Old 01-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
Fearino
Arch-Supremacy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonic_Kain View Post
My point is this. You have already paid for a console. And a game, full price game, And if the game has good multiplayer game in it. And you will need to pay money every month to play it online, it really a no brainer. Get a ps3. The online community is huge. Reason being the psn is free. So kick the xbot and go for ps3. It FTW.
Tell that to WoW players alright?

Both consoles have it's pros and cons. $60+ annual subscription isn't really a lot if you always buy PS3 game day 1 considering most PS3 games costs $5-10 more than X360 version. Buy 10 multiplatform titles on the PS3 and you already paid more.

To TS, end of the day, it's always best to own more than one machine.

'Time was your ally, Human, but now it had abandoned you. The Forerunners have returned.'

PSN ID: RedFaceGeneral

Last edited by Fearino : 01-05-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #19
Zeonic_Kain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearino View Post

Both consoles have it's pros and cons. $60+ annual subscription isn't really a lot if you always buy PS3 game day 1 considering most PS3 games costs $5-10 more than X360 version. Buy 10 multiplatform titles on the PS3 and you already paid more.

That why I'm not a WOW player lolz. I still feel it right to play online free as i have already paid for the full game.

PSN Nick: Solid-Kain
Old 02-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #20
SaberDoragon

Like me get both, last time i used to hate egg box alot until i tried one n i nvr look back liao

I find tt in terms of graphic nicer n it more lagless than ps3 so o tend to play SP game on this n MP games on ps3 instead

Mayb u get to copy the whole game data to yr console tt explain it less laggy on egg box, eg rage, skyrim etc
Old 02-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #21
Zeldelia
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearino View Post

yup that y a WII is the best.....u can even play mario kart online and its free.....talk about a good deal huh.....
Old 02-05-2012, 02:49 AM   #22
d.phoenixxx

Best is buy PC.

Can use for work, play, and everything else.

Consoles only have 1 thing going for them, and that is exclusives.
The point is that if you are going to buy a console, you are buying it for the exclusive games.
Games like God of War 3, Uncharted 3, Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3 etc.

To be completely honest, most games on PC are cheaper, some are free, and many can be modded and developers also update their PC games with patches more often.

PC games also have the best graphics and community. You also dont have to worry about silly nonsense like R1, R2, R3 games not working with your account and online play is completely free so long as you have an internet connection.

PC also has the most number of exclusive games and are able to run multiple tasks at once compared to any console.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #23
Swordsman
Arch-Supremacy Member

PC you have to keep upgrading yr rig unless u are ok with playing at min setting.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #24
YangWenLi

There are a few reasons why PS3 edge over xbox360 in recent years. There was no doubt on my part 360 was better than PS3 in the earlier years but you should get a PS3 now.

1) Paid online

Xbox Live cost $60 per year. Are you willing to pay for it when you're already paying for your internet and Microsoft did nothing since you're using our own hardware and connection.

2) Microsoft's philosophy

Live was raised $10 recently.

Live is a paid service YET Microsoft announced there will be more ads on it in future. You paid money to use a paid service to access to a third party service ( netflix ) to watch paid advertisement.

Ridiculous.

They had repeatedly state that they will not change their formula if its successful for them. Microsoft is behaving like Sony's PS2 era. They got too big for their own good.

3) Lack of Exclusivity

Unless you loved Halo and Gears to death and is willing to buy the console for these 2 games, the xbox pales in comparison to PS3 exclusivity library.

Beside, in recent years, it's apparent Microsoft is chasing after the casual market neglecting the core gamers whom bought xbox/360 and defined the brand.

If you are looking for mutliplatform, get a PC. They look way better than on consoles and FPS work excellently well with mouse and keyboard. If you're looking for exclusive console games, get a wii or a ps3.

4) Time-exclusivity DLC and Kinect

Microsoft isn't like Sony, backing game developers ( heavy rain, little big planet ). But to differentiate their service, all they do was to paid the game developer for time-exclusivity downloadable content which will appear on other platform ( PC/PS3 ) sooner or later.

Instead of making exclusive games, that's all they had done.

Kinect, a device to capture the casual, has no good games up to date yet. Microsoft is impressive in marketing as 18 million users, noticeably Americans, bought this device when it has hardly justify its price tag. Where are the good Kinect games?

Last edited by YangWenLi : 02-05-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #25
Hiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeonic_Kain View Post
That why I'm not a WOW player lolz. I still feel it right to play online free as i have already paid for the full game.
No you haven't paid for the full thing, there are still patches, and system maintainence~

If the term for guys is "Bros before Hos", does that mean for girls its "Chicks before D***s"?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #26
Agent Wax
Master Member

I just found out something else about the X360: It doesn't power it's own internal clock. That means that each time you switch off the mains, your console's internal clock will reset to 2005. You have to log in to Xbox Live to update the time. Each and every time you turn it on again.

I'd never noticed it before until now, for some reason. In any case, this 'feature' messed up all my Witcher 2 gamesaves because some of them are dated 2005 and some 2012. Now, I have to turn on my router and manually log into Xbox Live each time I turn on my Xbox to play a single-player offline game.

I have no words for the amount of fail Microsoft put into this, so I can only express it with this:

2013 To-Buy List: Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, Genkai Totsuki Monster Monpiece, Bioshock: Infinite, Muramasa: Rebirth, Gears of War: Judgement, 7th Dragon 2020 II, Dragon's Crown, Fate/Extra CCC, Resident Evil: Revelations, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, Sniper Elite V2: Silver Star Edition, Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, The Last of Us, DOA5 Ultimate, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, Beyond:2 Souls, XCOM: Enemy Within, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Last edited by Agent Wax : 02-05-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #27
Zeldelia
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Wax View Post
I just found out something else about the X360: It doesn't power it's own internal clock. That means that each time you switch off the mains, your console's internal clock will reset to 2005. You have to log in to Xbox Live to update the time. Each and every time you turn it on again.

I'd never noticed it before until now, for some reason. In any case, this 'feature' messed up all my Witcher 2 gamesaves because some of them are dated 2005 and some 2012. Now, I have to turn on my router and manually log into Xbox Live each time I turn on my Xbox to play a single-player offline game.

I have no words for the amount of fail Microsoft put into this, so I can only express it with this:

the last time i used that pic, i started a war....lolz